MSRA Exam Overview
The Multi-Specialty Recruitment Assessment (MSRA) is a single computer-based exam comprising a Professional Dilemmas (PD) paper and a Clinical Problem Solving (CPS) paper. It is intended to assess candidates with a foundation level of competence.
Many specialties – namely community sexual and reproductive health, general practice, neurosurgery, obstetrics and gynaecology, ophthalmology, psychiatry, and radiology – use the MSRA in selection processes for specialty training.
1. Professional Dilemmas (PD) Paper
- 95 minutes paper
- 50 questions – half multiple choice questions (MCQ) and half rank options in order.
- Assesses you against three core competencies:
– Professional integrity
– Coping with pressure
– Empathy and sensitivity
2. Clinical Problem Solving (CPS) Paper
- 75 minutes paper
- 97 questions – half Single Best Answers (SBA) and half Extended Matching Questions (EMQ).
- CPS paper poses scenarios that test candidates’ ability to apply their knowledge and use problem-solving skills to make clinical decisions. CPS items are based in 12 clinical topic areas relevant to general medicine.
Choose the best
plan for you.
Choose your preferred currency
Prepare for the
Over 2800 MSRA Past paper MCQ’s
Practise under timed exam conditions
Clear, detailed explanations and answers
Filter questions based on speciality, total number and previous performance
UP TO DATE
MSRA question banks updated regularly
Visualise your progress and areas of improvement
Keep track of your progress through key statistics and performance metrics to help you identify week areas and prioritise learning.
what Passmed users say
“Great resource of past paper questions. I passed first time!.”
“I highly recommend Passmed to anyone planning to write. Really helped with my preparation.”
“Love the learning dashboard!”
“I had used Passmed as well as other online q banks and found this the most relevent to my exam.”